Achilles Tendinopathy in The Beaches
LiveActive Sport Medicine are professionals at assessing and treating different disorders of the musculoskeletal system. Our team has years of professional experience and specialized training to look after issues with cutting-edge solutions for Achilles Tendinopathy in the Beaches.
It doesn’t matter what level of activity or sport you aspire to. Our multidisciplinary team is dedicated to a comprehensive approach that optimizes recovery from these types of injuries and others.
Understanding the injury is the first step to a successful cure.
What is Achilles Tendinopathy?
Achilles Tendinopathy in The Beaches is a common injury that results from overuse. Excessive chronic stress can also cause Achilles tendon damage. This problem has been seen in both athletes and people who don’t compete in competitive sports.
There are two different types of tendonitis.
- Insertional Achilles tendonitis. This type of damage happens at the intersection of your heel bone and your tendon. Bone spurs often grow and this type of injury can happen to anyone at any age.
- Non-insertional Achilles tendonitis. Your tendon starts to break down with this type of injury due to small terrors in the middle fibers. This affliction usually affects younger more active adults.
There’s also the possibility of a rupture which is a complete or partial tear in the tendon. Successful treatment of Achilles tendinopathy in The Beaches means getting an accurate diagnosis and understanding the symptoms.
Achilles Tendon Pain – Symptoms of Achilles Tendinopathy
LiveActive Sport Medicine wants you to have all the necessary information to get the treatments you need. Our team of exceptional therapists has been handpicked for their experience and skill.
That’s why we suggest that you stay on the lookout for these symptoms of Achilles Tendinopathy in The Beaches
- Persistent pain in the back of your heel.
- A swollen Achilles tendon that is also warm to the touch and or tender.
- The pain can even make walking difficult or impossible.
If you think you might be suffering from this ailment, we can make an accurate diagnosis and prescribe treatment.
Achilles Tendonitis Treatment in The Beaches
We have a team of exceptional therapists that specialize in Achilles tendonitis treatment in the Beaches. LiveActive Sport Medicine has been helping elite athletes with their sports injury issues for years. Book an appointment by calling us or sending an email today.